The barbecue season have just started a couple of weeks ago, and tomorrow is the big BBQ day, The 4th of July. It´s time to enjoy some tasty and easy to make recipes that will give us time to have a fun in the pool, and enjoy the nice weather in good company.
And to enjoy this patriotic day we are sharing with you a recipe of one of the most american foods, the hamburger! This recipe is very easy and delicious, and you can make this BBQ treat in no time!
We have included some handy tips for you in this hamburger recipe. Don´t forget to use Grilier Gourmet BBQ seasoning blocks to smoke some flavor into your hamburgers and make this 4th of july BBQ an amazing experience!
- 2 pounds 80/20 ground beef, cold
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons minced onion
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons tamari or soy sauce
- 1 3/4 teaspoons freshly ground pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- Make the burger mix: First add the meat and then sprinkle the other ingredients. Don’t over handle the meat.
- Divide the meat into 6 equal parts and shape the burger patties.
- The outer 1/2 inch of the patty has to be slightly taller than the inside. This keeps the patty from shrinking too much and from puffing up in the center during grilling.
- Heat a gas or charcoal grill hot enough that you can only hold your hand above the grill grates for about 1 second.
- Place patties on the grill over direct heat. Don’t press down the patties.
- Cook to your desired doneness: For rare burgers (cook for 4 minutes total), for medium-rare burgers (cook for 5 minutes total), for medium burgers (cook for 6 to 7 minutes total) and for well-done burgers (cook for 8 to 9 minutes total).
- If you want, place a patty on a toasted bun and serve with toppings.