Sun is here and good recipes too! Today we bring to you this top 5, to make you the best host!
GRILLED SWEET POTATOES
Sweet potatoes are sweet and look like french fries… That’s perfection for us… They cook fast, so this dish is easy and tasty…
- 2 pounds sweet potatoes
- 4 Tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons of fresh lime or lemon juice
- 1/8 cup olive oil
- Pinch of salt
- Just wash them well or if you prefer peel the sweet potatoes and slice them into ¼-inch slices (like fries) and brush them with olive oil, sprinkle salt and pepper and place them on a the hot grill.
- Cook them for 3-6 minutes for each side.
- Toss the sweet potatoes in a bowl with the cilantro dressing and sprinkle paprika.
- Serve hot!
Tender zucchini grilled with a lemon garlic sauce. This side dish will go well with everything!
- 2 medium zucchini, cut diagonally into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp of fresh cilantro
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Salt and pepper
- In a small bowl, whisk together butter, garlic, cilantro and lemon juice; season with salt and pepper. Brush zucchini slices with butter mixture.
- Heat the grill over medium high heat. Add zucchini in a single layer and grill ultil charred on both sides and just beginning to soften, about 2 minutes per side.
- Serve immediately, garnished with more cilantro, if desired.
POTATO SALAD WITH CELERY, HERBS & MUSTARD VINAGRETTE
This potato salad has delicious mustard vinaigrette instead of a mayonaisse dressing, for a lighter traditional side dish.
- 3 lb. red new potatoes
- Salt and pepper
- 1 lemon
- 1/4 c. olive oil
- 2 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 4 stalk celery
- 1/4 c. chopped fresh cilantro or parsley
- 1/4 c. chopped fresh dill
- 2 hard-boiled eggs
- Place the potatoes in a large pot, cover with cold water and bring to a boil. Add 2 teaspoons salt, reduce heat, and simmer until the potatoes are just tender, 10 to 20 minutes. Drain and run under cold water to cool. Cut the potatoes in half or quarter if large (1 inch approximately).
- Meanwhile, grate the lemon into a large bowl, then squeeze in the juice (you should have about 3 tablespoons juice total). Whisk in the oil, mustard, and 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper.
- You can eat the potatoes salad warm or if you prefer let cool the potatoes in the fridge and then make the salad.
- Add the potatoes and celery to the bowl and gently toss to coat. Fold in the parsley and dill and top with the eggs, if desired.
CARROT & APPLE SLAW
Fresh and naturally sweet! Special for hot days…
- 3/4 pound large carrots (2 to 3), peeled
- 2 Granny Smith apples, halved and cored
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/2 cup greek yogurt, sour cream or homemade mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- Salt and black pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- In a large bowl, whisk together the yogurt or what you choose, apple cider vinegar, cumin, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- Grate the carrots and apples.
- Add the carrots, apples, raisins, and cilantro to the yogurt/sour cream/mayonnaise dressing and toss to combine.
- Top with more cilantro, if desired.
BALSAMIC GRILLED VEGETABLES
Healthy and colorful! What else? Please feel free to change the vegetables if you want, and choose your favourites!
- 1 lb zucchini
- 1 lb bell peppers
- 1 large red or white onion
- 1/3 cup parsley or basil, chopped
- Olive oil to brush vegetables
- 2 tbsp olive oil, extra virgin
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Preheat grill on low. Brush with oil the vegetables and place them in a single layer on the grill, close the lid (if you have it or you can cover the vegetables with foil) and cook for 10 minutes, flipping. Cook longer if you like softer vegetables.
- Transfer vegetables to a large bowl, pour Balsamic Dressing on top, sprinkle with parsley or basil and mix.
- Serve hot, warm or cold.