Yes, meat and salads. That’s correct. You can dip your fresh veggies too!
You will be amazed for this delicious and different option. And you will surprise your guests, that’s for sure.
Roasted red peppers have a smoky taste that makes the perfect sauce and it is better than any store-bought sauce you can find on the market. The best part: all natural!
My husband can’t stand the pepper, but I love it and I enjoy it, so I try to make this sauce when we have visits at home. The truth is that it is a must, everyone loves it and they are constantly asking for the recipe. So finally here it is! Everyone can enjoy it now.
This dressing can stay fresh in the fridge for at least one week, or up to two weeks. But I can´t guarantee that. For sure it will be gone in a couple of days (or just in one sitting) because it’s delicious!
- 2 large red bell peppers
- 2 tbsp shallot minced about
- 1/3 cup white balsamic vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp honey (you can replace honey with agave syrup or 2 Medjool dates)
- First at all, prepare your grill for cooking.
- Slice peppers in half, remove seeds and stem, and brush with olive oil. You can roast your peppers and then, after point 4, remove seeds and stem.
- Roast the peppers on the grill for 10-15 minutes.
- Transfer the pepper to a bowl, cover with plastic film and let steam for 10 minutes. Then peel-off the skins reserving the juices.
- Using a blender or food processor, place peppers, shallots, vinegar, mustard, garlic, salt and pepper. Puree until smooth.
- With the machine running, add in oil and honey.
- Get ready to enjoy!