Hi all, 2018 is here! This week we have a recipe for seafood bbq, perfect to enjoy with family this holiday. We love seafood. Well, we love food all in general. But this kind of food is ideal for special occasions.
This year my mom, brother, uncle and granma are sharing the holydays with us. I will be missing my dad, he is spending this days in another country this year. I’m currently working on the menu for these special days. I prefer being crazy a few days before, and keep calm later. So everything is perfect for my guests. I hope everything goes well, but always something happens that makes you a little uneasy. In my case, a lot uneasy!
But, the most important thing is the chance of being together around table. And say thanks for all the things we have, enjoy and cherish.
So, after these thoughts… let’s go with the recipe!
INGREDIENTS FOR DRESSING:
- 2 garlic bulbs, roasted until golden, flesh squeezed out
- Grated zest and juice of 2 lemons
- 1 tsp brown sugar or sweetener
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
For the prawns
- 1/8 cup honey
- 1 oz. grated fresh ginger
- ½ cup rice wine vinegar
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- ¼ bunch of fresh coriander, chopped
- 16 tiger prawns, peeled (leaving the tails on) and deveined
For the squid
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- Juice of 1 lime
- 4 squid tubes, cleaned and cut into ½ inch thick rings
For the scallops
- 8 large (or 16 small) scallops, each cut into 2 discs
- Olive oil for brushing
- Lemon juice for brushing
- First, soak skewers (if using) for at least 30 minutes.
- Mix into a bowl the roasted garlic, lemon zest and juice with the sugar until smooth. Gently warm the extra-virgin olive oil in a pan, then add the garlic mixture. Cover with plastic film and set aside.
- For the prawns, mix the honey, ginger, vinegar and paprika in a small pan and simmer gently for 3-5 minutes until it forms a thick sweet&sour sauce. Remove from the heat and add the coriander. Place the prawns onto skewers, coat with the sauce and set aside.
- For the squid, mix the chilli, garlic, sugar and lime juice. Set aside.
- Barbecue the prawns for 1 minute on each side. Wrap in foil and keep warm.
- Coat the squid with the marinade, then cook quickly, for less than 1 minute on each side.
- Give the sliced scallops a brush of oil and a sprinkle of sea salt and grill for 30 seconds on each side. Remove and brush with lemon juice.
- Place the seafood on a large warmed platter and serve immediately with the garlic and lemon dressing.
YOU CAN ENJOY THIS RECIPE WITH OUR DILL & THYME GRILIER GOURMET BLOCKS.