The bacon in this recipe is actually hidden in a delicious paste that you can use to coat the chicken before grilling. After making these skewers you will see bacon with a different perspective.
This recipe combines the taste of bourbon, bacon and barbecue sauce. Sounds like perfection to us!
- 8 oz barbecue sauce (sugar free, homemade or your choice)
- 1/8 cup bourbon
- 2 lbs chicken breast
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 3 tablespoons packed dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 6 slices uncooked bacon, cut into small pieces
- In a small bowl, combine the BBQ sauce and bourbon. Mix well.
- In a food processor, combine the salt, garlic, onion, pepper, paprika, smoked paprika, brown sugar and bacon. Pulse until completely smooth.
- Put the chicken pieces in a bowl and then mix with the bacon paste. Once they are ready, thread the chicken pieces onto skewers.
- Place the skewers on the grill. Cook for about 5 minutes per side, or until nearly cooked through.
- Brush the kebabs with the bourbon barbecue sauce and cook for an additional minute on each side.
- Serve with the remaining barbecue sauce.